Sunday, November 4, 2012

{a special marriage}

This post is dedicated to my Mom and Dad who would have celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary today.  For those of you who don't know, my Dad passed away from cancer about a year and a half ago.  I am so thankful for the example my parents gave to me and my siblings and to those around them.  No marriage is perfect but they displayed a love and commitment to each other through good times and hard times.

Watching my parents go through my Dad's cancer for ten plus years was an amazing experience for me. They stuck together through a very tough time and showed how the Lord can bless you through those trials.  The last year or so of my Dad's life became harder for him to be mobile and do a lot of the things he was used to doing.  I was blessed to still be at home during this time and witness a wife care for, love and support her husband beyond the emotional and "good feelings" of a relationship.  I was able to witness a husband who loved and appreciated his wife so unconditionally.  And who always had a smile for you, which I know encouraged my Mom.  I will always remember that special bond they shared.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!  Love you both so much! 


My Dad looked very different at the end due to medications, but he still had his big heart and love for life.  


This one makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment