Sunday, October 14, 2012

{Thankful for Today}

I've always viewed Sundays as a bittersweet time.  I love them because it's the time I've always grown up knowing as going to church and having fellowship with other believers.  But I also somewhat dreaded them because it meant the weekend was almost over and the next day was school (in my younger years) or work (my now years). 

But over the last year or so, I've really been wanting to have a better attitude and be thankful for the whole day...not dreading part of it.  The Lord has helped me see the joy in this day He has made and I've finding more and more thankfulness for it. 


Instead of focusing on the parts I didn't like about Sunday, I've come to enjoy all the wonderful things about it; and not to worry about tomorrow {Matthew 6: 25-34}.  I'm thankful the Lord has given us a day to rest and worship Him.  I'm thankful that it's a day I can spend with my husband.  I'm thankful it's a day I can enjoy the little home He's blessed John and I with.  And I'm even thankful it's a day that, in our household, we like watching some football :)


Maybe there's a day in your life that you somewhat dread.  I encourage you to seek the Lord and let Him reveal the joys each day has to bring.


{Psalms 107: 21-22 "Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, And for His wonders to the sons of men!  Let them also offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, And tell of His works with joyful singing."}


Happy Sunday to you all! 






No comments:

Post a Comment